Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:57:19 -0700
From:      Pete Slagle <freebsd-questions@voidcaptain.com>
To:        applecom@inbox.ru
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mouse scroll up problem

applecom@inbox.ru wrote:

> I have FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE and optical Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer,
> USB native, plugged to PS/2 port via it's own USB->PS/2 adaptor.
>
> When I scroll my mouse wheel up in X11 it acts like "scroll up + left
> button one/double-click". For example, in Opera, Firefox. In MS Windows
> mouse works correctly.
>
> boot message:
> psm0: model IntelliMouse Explorer, device ID 4
>
> xorg.conf fragment:
> "Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Mouse0"
>         Driver      "mouse"
>         Option      "Protocol" "auto"
>         Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
>         Option      "Buttons" "5"
>         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> EndSection"
>
> /etc/rc.conf fragment:
> moused_enable="YES"
> moused_type="auto"
> moused_port="/dev/psm0"
> moused_flags="-F 200 -r high -a 2.5 -l 1"
> mousechar_start=3

I am running the same mouse in the same way on the same release. Here is
what is working for me:

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Mouse0"
         Driver      "mouse"
         Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
         Option      "Protocol" "sysmouse"
         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

moused_enable="YES"             # don't use type "auto" with KVM
moused_nondefault_enable="NO"
moused_type="ps/2 -l 2"         # -l 2 for scroll (fails in _flags)
moused_flags=""

[end]