Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:41:23 -0800
From:      paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
To:        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>, mobile <mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: how to load/unload modules at suspend/resume?

Greg Troxel wrote:
> Given that you need to unload and reload the sound driver, I wonder if
> that is a symptom that some of the control registers are not being
> saved and restored properly across a suspend.  I ran into this problem
> on a 600E.

well, i added some stuff to apmd.conf to exec a couple of
kldload/kldunload statements. It still doesn't work upon resume
and when I tried loading and unloading it crashed the laptop. I'll
try it again but *after* I send this.

I confess to some confusion: I can't figure out what comes first,
rc.suspend/resume or apmd. There are zzz commands in all of them:
I was thinking there was something that listened for zzz and then
got things in order before suspending.

I guess I should stop being lazy and write a suspend script and
have done with this.

--
Paul Beard: seeking UNIX/internet engineering work
in Seattle area. Details available below:

FreeBSD: Have you had your fairings today?