Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:57:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charlie & <root@a1poweruser.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/61438: 5.2 nfs tasks running and not selected at install time

>Number:         61438
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       5.2 nfs tasks running and not selected at install time
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Installed 5.2. sysinstall (standard) (kern developer)
 and answered 'no' to all other sysinstall questions. After install is
complete and system rebooted, 'ps ax' command shows the following
nfsiod0, nfsiod1, nfsiod2, and nfsiod3 are running. There are no statements in
/etc/rc.conf to enable NFS. The only ststements there are for my mouse.
Review of dmesg does not give any errors or hints to why these NFS task
were started.

Recompiling the kernel with the NFS options located at the front of the
GENERIC source commented out fixed the problem.

Running NFS as install default is not right.

>How-To-Repeat:
	try it your self
>Fix:
  Change the 5.2 install so this does not happen.