Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 1996 00:10:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Marcus John <marcus.john@wiesbaden.netsurf.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PC-Card + 3COM389 not recognized

On Sun, 7 Jul 1996, Marcus John wrote:

> I4m using FreeBSD 2.1 on several platforms includung a quite modern notebook.
> This notebook has a CIRRUS-PC-Card Chipset connected to it4s PCI-bus.
> After several unsuccessful tries I4ve been not able to get a 3COM589 working with
> the zp-driver.
>
> Is this with this configuration possible at all?

What may be happening is if you are running DOS on the same machine, the
IRQ/DMA settings on the card are being rewritten by Card Services.  Use
the setup utility to fix the irq, base port and dma to specific values (I
use irq 10, port 300) and configure FreeBSD for those.  Just as long as
you reconfig the card after using it in DOS you should be OK.

> zp0 not found at 0x110

I really don't think your card is here.