Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 2017 11:25:47 +0000
From:      Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
To:        =?utf-8?B?T3RhY8OtbGlv?= <otacilio.neto@bsd.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, rmacklem@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Simple program immediately killed when running on a NFS

> On 5 Mar 2017, at 10:09, Otac=C3=ADlio <otacilio.neto@bsd.com.br> =
wrote:
>=20
> Em 05/03/2017 06:48, Eduardo Morras via freebsd-hackers escreveu:
>> On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 23:29:57 -0300
>> Otac=C3=ADlio <otacilio.neto@bsd.com.br> wrote:
>>=20
>>> Dears
>>>=20
>>> I'm trying to compile a simple hello world program on my RPI3. The
>>> program is on a directory mounted using NFS and stored in the amd64
>>> machine. When I compile and try to run the program in the NFS =
mounted
>>> path it does not work, when I copy the same program to a local dir =
it
>>> work, and then when I copy the program from the local dir to the NFS
>>> dir it works !? !?!?! Someone can, please, explain it? Look at the
>>> historic program.
>> I assume you crosscompiled it to arm, but .. DId you static linked =
it? If not, it gets requiered .so from nfs server and crash, becuase =
they are amd64 binary.
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>=20
> I'm not compiling using the server tools. I'm compiling using the RPI3 =
tools inside the RPI3. The server is only exporting the /usr/ports. I =
mounted this on PRI3 /usr/ports and I'm compiling using the RPI3 clang. =
On this same scenario, when using a BBB this works.

I=E2=80=99ve seen this on a ThunderX in the netsurf cluster. It seems to =
be getting the check in [1] (CC=E2=80=99d the author of said code). =
Building as a static binary doesn=E2=80=99t affect it.

I=E2=80=99ve added debugging to & found np->n_mtime and =
np->n_vattr.na_mtime can be out by up to a few seconds. Even when the =
second is the same, the tv_nsec value are different, however I don=E2=80=99=
t know the nfs code well enough to know where these values come from.

Andrew

[1] http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/fs/nfsclient/nfs_clbio.c#L1633=