Date:      Fri, 4 Sep 1998 10:18:48 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh@noc.dfn.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (fbsdq)
Subject:   BIOS basemem != RTC basemem

hello, world\n

when I boot my 2.2.7R system on my shiny new PC (Asus P2L97S, PII233)
one of the first lines printed is

 BIOS basemem (639K) != RTC basemem (640K), using BIOS value

This appears even before the copyright message, so is not in dmesg output.
I'm worried who has snatched that kilobyte. How do I remedy the situation?
Is there something wrong with my Award BIOS version 1.32?

Regards,

--
Jens Schweikhardt  http://www.shuttle.de/schweikh/