Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2011 21:08:20 +0100
To:        Emanuel Haupt <ehaupt@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, danfe@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [patch] request for update of x11/nvidia-driver

On 02/16/2011 18:42, Emanuel Haupt wrote:
> Hi Alexey
>
> I'm running version 260.19.36 of x11/nvidia-driver for a while now
> without any problems. Could you please consider updating the port?
>
> I'm sure further feedback from other users would help.
>
> Emanuel

Hi,

     I've been running that same version since it got out, and now when
playing back videos either using xine or totem, the whole machine
freezes/crashes perhaps one minute into the video. I should add that at
the same time I updated the gfx card to a relatively new geforce 570,
which may be part of the reason for the crashes. Switching to Compiz
everything works ok.

     br - N :o)