Date:      Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:38:47 -0400
From:      Bruno Gallant <bsdnode@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Raising temperature threshold

Hi,  I don't think it is advisable to put your machine under such
strain.  I think 60C is already very hot for regular parts, and that
it is proper that the machine would shutdown .  Unless you have a
special military kind of hardware, I am sure that  more than 60C will
reduce the MTBF of your hardware, and maybe void your warranty if you
have one.

It would be interesting to know if that setting can be changed to a
_lower_ value, in fact.

--=20
# Bruno Gallant - scion@bsdnode.net - bsdnode@gmail.com