Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:02:25 +0200
From:      Marc Perisa <perisa@porsche.de>
To:        Administrator <administrator@administrat0r.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: An old sparc 50mhz 64bit workstation - can it run *bsd?

Administrator wrote:
> I do believe there is a port of NetBSD for sparc cpu's, but does anyone
> know if it will run on open or freebsd? With preference for freebsd
> obviously, though I believe it's the one least likely to take to the
> sparc processor.  I can get a hold of 4-5 of them hopefully from my
> university, and I'd love to mess around with them.

Hi,

if you have too many of them there is a bunch of people who would take
them :)

A list of the people who needs them to support the UltraSPARC (the 64bit
  SPARC-processors) better with FreeBSD can be found here:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/donations/wantlist.html

And if you have more than you can handle, mail me ;)

Marc