Date:      Tue, 08 Jul 2003 17:18:30 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Paul Smith <paul@cnt.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardening production servers

Paul Smith wrote:
[ ... ]
> Is there a way to take advantage of the portupgrade suite when it comes to
> building packages? I.e., is there a "make package" equivalent in portupgrade?
> I would imagine portupgrade would make packages of any dependicies as well,
> no?

Exactly; use the "-p" option to portupgrade:

      -p
      --package              Build a package when each specified port is
                             installed or upgraded.  If a package is upgraded
                             and its dependent packages are given from the com-
                             mand line (including the case where -r is speci-
                             fied), build packages for them as well.

--
-Chuck