Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 1999 12:52:11 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
Cc:        Ferhat Doruk <ferhat@ihlas.com.tr>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FTP Servers

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999 13:25:46 GMT, Evren Yurtesen wrote:

> Is it possible to limit bandwidth usage for anonymous users?

It is possible to throttle bandwidth for a class of service using
dummynet(4). But if your anonymous users and your named useres are all
connecting to the same port, then there probably isn't an easy way to do
this.

Perhaps one of the 3rd-party ftp daemons offer you that. Have a look.
:-)

> and also is it possible to have different kinds of access lists ? for
> example I do not want any file to be downloaded from /etc directory
> even that person can see that directory... is this possible with the
> standart ftpd which comes with FreeBSD?

The suggestions I gave you would make it impossible for your users to
even _see_ the /etc directory, let alone grab files from it.

Ciao,
Sheldon.