Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2018 21:47:16 +0100
From:      Barry van Someren <barry@coffeesprout.com>
To:        eirik.overby@modirum.com
Cc:        java@freebsd.org, mhka@modirum.com
Subject:   Re: Supporting the OpenJDK11 port to FreeBSD

Hi Eirik,

I'm in a similar boat here. Would love to help out make OpenJDK 11 happen
on FreeBSD, but my C skills are somewhat.. lacking.
If it's any help to you, from what I've seen on the mailinglist, the Linux
JDK worked fine up until JDK 10 using the compatibility layer so getting
some form of recent Java is not impossible.

OpenJDK 8 will receive fixes for the foreseeable future upstream and so far
these updates have trickled back to FreeBSD as well thanks to people on
this list :-)

To answer one of your other questions; The FreeBSD Foundation might be
helpful to contact and donate to.
It's giving Tuesday today so donations to the foundation are most welcome.
They also used to license the TCK from Sun / Oracle up to version 8
Even a small donation and a reminder that people are deploying Java on
FreeBSD is helpful.

And since this is my first time contacting this list, please accept my
thanks to all of you who make Java work on FreeBSD!

Regards,

Barry

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 8:29 PM Eirik =C3=98verby <eirik.overby@modirum.com=