Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 15:55:46 -0500
From:      "Network Admin [JPeterson]" <jay@qtm.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   AMI MegaRAID and FreeBSD

We recently purchased a Dell PowerEdge 2300 and wish to run FreeBSD on it.
I was unable to get FreeBSD to recognize the RAID drives, however RedHat 6.0
was able to see it.. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get FreeBSD to be
able to utilize the RAID array? The hardware card controls the RAID so BSD
should only see it as one big drive and send stuff to it via the card..
RedHat sees the controller as an AMI MegaRAID

Thanks! - Below is the bootup information that I am shown by the controllers

PowerEdge Expandable RAID Controller BIOS1.25 May 27, 1998
Compyright(c) AMERICAN MEGATRENDS INC.
Press <Ctrl><M> to Run Configuration Utility

Host Adapter-0 Type : PERC 2/SC.  Firmware Version ED4D DRAM Size =16MB
1 Logical Drives found on the Host Adapter
1 Logicam Drive(s) handled by BIOS.

Also we have:
Adaptec AIC-7890 (empty)
Adaptec AIC-7860 (with SCSI CD-Rom and SCSI 12/24Gig Tape)