Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:34:38 +0000
From:      Robin Becker <robin@reportlab.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: make world for a jail

I fixed up my /usr/src tree to be latest RELENG_6_0 in line with my
machine and ran

cd /usr/src
make world DESTDIR=/usr/jails/mailserver

however, this seems to produce a lot of stuff in /usr/obj (the normal
make world destination). Eventually the make fails with this message

##########
make: don't know how to make /usr/jails/mailserver/usr/lib/libc.a. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

In line with my earlier observation that the sub makes were being called
  like this

make -f Makefile.inc1 DESTDIR=/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp par-all

is there some magic that's required to make world into a specified DESTDIR?
--
Robin Becker