Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 18:21:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IDE strangeness

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Soren Schmidt wrote:

> It seems Brian Feldman wrote:
> > I'm having two problems with IDE nowadays.
> >=20
> > 1. ATA doesn't work with LS-120. That's not new. But ATA does seem to c=
rash on
> >    me, and there's no dump() so I can't figure out why.

Reply to my own problem: ATA crashed more often than wd, but they both cras=
hed
with my old, faulty CPU. My K6-2 350 now works perfectly.

>=20
> Good news is that I've gotten ahold of a LS120 drive, so I can test this =
now.
>=20
> Bad news is that it has stopped working on my ZIP drive too :(

That's bad, if it used to. LS-120 never worked under ATA, with or without
new-bus. But you say Zip always has.

>=20
> Something must have been screwed up since the newbus import, either in
> my driver (I feel at risk saying that it is not likely), or something els=
e.

I'm pretty sure your driver isn't screwed up, as I've tracked most of the
changes.

>=20
> -S=F8ren
>=20

 Brian Feldman                _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___ =20
 green@unixhelp.org                _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \=20
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!      _ __ | _ \ _ \ |) |
         http://www.freebsd.org           _ |___)___/___/=20