Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 22:22:28 +0100
From:      Alessandro de Manzano <demanzano@iol.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   AC97 audio ?

Hello!

I've a MSI motherboard with VIA Apollo 133 Pro chipset, so I got included
this audio chip (device pcm compiled in the kernel)

# cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Feb 13 2001 23:22:13
Installed devices:
pcm0: <VIA VT82C686A> at io 0xcc00 irq 18 (1p/1r channels duplex)

(system is 4.2-stable built few days ago)

Is there any hope I'll hear somewhat from this "thing" ? :-)

I tried with some software like as mpg123 or the simply "cat filename >
/dev/dsp" but I obtain only silence and/or error messages about some fixed
frequency complain.

I understand AC'97 audio chipset are not (yet?) fully supported, am I
right ?

Many thanks in advance !

--

bye!