Date:      Sat, 14 Oct 2006 04:09:18 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Beech Rintoul <freebsd@alaskaparadise.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Non English Spam

--------------enigEA8FEA395A4842B0ECF1F9BA

Beech Rintoul wrote:
> I'm getting a ton of spam every day  that comes from China, Japan and K=
orea.=20
> Spam Assassin completely ignores it because it has all non-english char=
acters=20
> and slows kmail to a crawl loading. Is there a way to filter on non-eng=
lish=20
> either using Spam Assassin or procmail?=20
>=20
> Suggestions would be appreciated.

Install the IP::Country perl modules (port: net/p5-IP-Country) and
uncomment the lines in /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre to
enable Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry plugin, which causes
the Bayesian filters to learn which countries relay most spam to you.

Look for the discussion on 'ok_locales' in the Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
perldoc.  Set that to 'en' and messages in character sets other than
anything based on the Latin (and possibly Greek) alphabet will get a
higher spam score.  You can put that into
/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf for a site-wide effect or into
per-user ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs config files.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Flat 3