Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 09:22:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Curtin <cmcurtin@interhack.net>
To:        Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
Cc:        paul@originative.co.uk, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: [Re: Request For Better Communications]

>>>>> On Tue, 11 May 1999 15:03:45 +0200,
    Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at> said:

Marino> Larry Wall: "Lisp has all the visual appeal of
Marino> oatmeal with nail clippings thrown in."

With all due respect to Larry and Perl, if there is one point where
Perl has no legs on which to stand, it is visual appeal and
readability.

(And I don't want to hear the "Perl is readable if you write it that
way" argument--I use it myself all the time.  There are cases where it
doesn't hold true.  For example, if you're using a complex data
structure, say a hash of a hash of a hash of a hash of a hash of a
hash, things get a bit strange syntactically, especially if you're
also dealing with references.)

--
Matt Curtin cmcurtin@interhack.net http://www.interhack.net/people/cmcurtin/