Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 23:06:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Denis Fortin <fortin@zap.zap.qc.ca>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        branson@dvals1.larc.nasa.gov, bsletten@vivid.autometric.com, evivar@eniac.rhon.itam.mx, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: virus alert... (fwd)

> Actually, you could make a MIME reader do this, but the image to do
> it would end up being rather specific to a reader type.

Hey, if your MIME reader does Postscript, people can probably do some
pretty nasty stuff to you.

If I remember my Postscript well, these interpreters have some "file
manipulation commands" which allow you to open files for writing for
instance.

Reading MIME messages as root seems to me as being pretty suicidal.

Anyway...  Back to our regularly scheduled FreeBSD discussions.
--
Denis Fortin                                                    fortin@acm.org
DMR Group Inc, (514) 877-3301                        These opinions are my own