Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 2004 16:42:38 +0200
From:      "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
To:        "Michael W. Oliver" <freebsd-current@gargantuan.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Future of FreeBSD

In message <20040410142317.GB44146@gargantuan.com>, "Michael W. Oliver" writes:

>> Imagine if some of our users sent $1/month for each FreeBSD machine
>> they were running.
>
>Ok, I will send in $5/month for each machine that I have running
>FreeBSD.  Can you verify for me that the FreeBSD Foundation is the
>proper recipient for this donation?

That is a strange question to ask me (of all people) I think :-)

Let me put it this way: as of this moment I know of only two places
you can send your contribution, the foundation and my project.

I have the despest respect and highest hopes that the board of
directors of the foundation will be able to spend every cent
that comes their way to the benefit of FreeBSD, and I think
that anyone concerned about the long perspective should donate
to the foundation (preferably on a regular basis).

So the answer from me is a resounding "Yes, the foundation is the
proper recipient".

As I wrote in my funding solicitation, I would have preferred if
my project could have run under the wings of the foundation, but
for practical reasons that was not possible in the timeframe required,
so I'm doing it alone.

>> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~phk/funding.html
>>=20
>> will become the icebreaker for this change.
>
>Expect to hear from me about this, too!

That would be very kind of you!

Poul-Henning