Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 2009 20:57:28 +0300
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ari_Sovij=E4rvi?= <listat@apz.fi>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "cg 0: bad magic number" with umass

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> Could you show the dmesg of the USB controller? At which bus is it connected?
> Nexus? There might be bugs in the actual USB device/host hardware.

Here's all I could find of the USB controller from the dmesg's output.

ohci0: <AcerLabs M5237 (Aladdin-V) USB controller> mem 0x1000000-0x1000fff at
device 10.0 on pci0
ohci0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
ohci0: [ITHREAD]
usb0: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb0: <AcerLabs M5237 (Aladdin-V) USB controller> on ohci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: <AcerLabs OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1> on usb0

If you need to see anything else from the dmesg, here's the full output:
http://pastebin.ca/1479774

The USB-enclosure I used was LaCie's "design by porsche" with 1 terabyte
Seagate disk.

> Are you using 8-current ?

No, 7.2.

--