Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 14:39:59 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        Wietse Venema <wietse@porcupine.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need FreeBSD 4.0 removable SCSI support

Wietse Venema <wietse@porcupine.org> probably said:
> With my Thinkpad 600 machine, the SlimSCSI 1460B+Jaz 2GB works with
> FreeBSD 2.2.8 and with SUSE Linux 6.4. So it would appear that the
> hardware is not too broken.

The only thing that occurs to me is 4.0 uses a configuration that
conflicts with something else in the machine, which seems odd given
that another Thinkpad 600 owner has said it is ok.

Did they send you their configuration details ?

> What is 3.4-PAO? Is it a patch to the 3.4-RELEASE that I already
> have on CD, or does this involve yet another download and install?

http://www.jp.FreeBSD.org/PAO/

New kernel ans a few userland utilities for 3.4. If you can install
3.4 then you can just do a binary install of PAO over the top.

> What hardware were you using? Perhaps the Thinkpad 600 is a bit
> finnicky about things.

The laptop is a Sony 505TR, the disk a random Seagate 1Gb disk I
had kicking around in an external case.

Do you have any other scsi devices to test with ?

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu