Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2007 20:58:45 +0200
From:      Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (ZFS?): panic: lockmgr: locking against myself

After several failed boot attempts, I burned and booted a 7.0 snapshot iso and
tried to mount setting the appropriate zfs.root.mountfrom value. It failed
(installer booted as usual).

After this I tried booting normally again, and now the system came up.

I saw there was a suspicious looking commit made to vfs_mount.c involving the
use of a different lock. I'm hoping this was related, so for now I will
update to a newer CURRENT and see if I can ever reproduce the problem.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org