Date:      Mon, 05 Feb 2001 14:51:14 -0500
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: simple FreeBSD shaper questions :)

At 01:11 PM 02/04/2001, Jeff Lynch wrote:
>On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, Andy Dills wrote:
>
> > better than ipfw. You should try both before comitting to the $600 he
> > charges. The guy who runs Etinc is an asshole of legendary proportions,
> > just search inet-access archives.
> >
> > Andy
>
>Just another data point, not to debunk Andy's opinion as we are all
>entitled our own. But, I've never had any problems with Dennis. Great
>products, we still have some in our network eventhough we've standardized
>on Cisco (hardware costs less than experienced unix networking people,
>IMHO). Dennis's stuff works and works well, but you have to be at a
>certain level to be able to use them and receive the small amount of help
>the experienced unix professional might need. Touchy warm, fuzzys are not
>included in the Etinc purchase price. The people who tend to complain
>loudest about Dennis are those who don't know how to hack the kernel or
>properly set up a *nix-like box to route. Most people see a very low cost
>alternative to build a very powerful router and get in over their heads
>trying to make it work--it's more like miss-matched expectations than
>a poor company or person at the helm.

Andy is peeved that I wouldnt give him a license without payment because
the "guy with the credit card was out playing golf" and they couldnt do
without bandwidth shaping until he got back.

So, if I won't break very clearly defined and understood rules for you, Im
a "legendary asshole". So be it.

Dont expect any "special" treatment and you'll be just fine. We're running
a business here, not selling tee shirts from a shopping cart outside of
Yankee Stadium.

We have a free demo, try it. Listen to other people and you are getting a
lot of gibberish out of context.

Dennis