Date:      Thu, 08 Nov 2007 14:15:11 -0500
From:      Rob <bitabyss@gmail.com>
To:        Leonard Lilla <leonard_lilla@gmx.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: install

Leonard Lilla wrote:
>             Talk about a horrible install. Install this CD, now that now
> this now that now this now that!!! It goes on and on. Please do think about
> people that are trying your install and are less knowledgeable and install
> using your 2 cd install. It is just horrible how many times I went from CD1

You're doing something wrong, or at least sub-optimal.  Unfortunately, some of the online documentation isn't as good as it could be.

I NEVER screw with the 2nd CD.  I don't even download it.  Try installing from CD 1;  do NOT do any of the ports or package installs.  That stuff is out of data by the time you install it anyway.  Read up in the handbook on how to use portsnap to install a current version of ports over the net, port installation.

If you're trying to build a workstation (ie:  with X') rather than a server, consider using PC-BSD or Freesbie (google it).

  -Rob