Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 03:06:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      robert Backhaus <robbakfreebsd@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        pirat <pirat@access.inet.co.th>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gmake: warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.

--- pirat <pirat@access.inet.co.th> wrote:

> recently, i have noticed that the message, as in the
> subject, repeated so often that i can not ignore. it
> occurs in many port making.

This ocours constantly with me, because I have my
/usr/ports on a seperate machine, shared with NFS. Of
course, the two clocks are never in exact sync (I have
never bothered to set them up to update times, besided
one of the machines is lumbered with XP for most of
it's life). I, knowing why the messages appear, ignore
them without noticable effect.

Robert Backhaus

=====
Robert Backhaus robbakfreebsd@yahoo.co.uk
      Unless otherwise indicated, All `F's in acronyms
         shal be deemed to stand for `Forgotten'!