Date:      Fri, 04 Oct 2002 21:02:40 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        n0go013 <ttz@blahdeblah.demon.co.uk>, current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, not on list - please copy <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [ GEOM tests ] vinum drives lost

In message <3D9DE0D0.4050204@isi.edu>, Lars Eggert writes:
>This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.
>
>--------------ms040706010906030302070807
>
>Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>>
>> I would need to look at the code to be able to tell, I don't have
>> time for that.
>
>I'd consider not having vinum work under geom a show-stopper... at least
>until geom can stripe.

Well, the showstopper is in vinum.  The fact that ccd(4) works
seamlessly with GEOM is testament to this.

There are numerous architectural issues which have never been
fixed in vinum, and one or more of these bits now.

Whoever loves vinum will have to chase it/them down and fix it.

If I receive patches or requests for changes to GEOM as result
of this, they will be evaluated in good faith.

Worst case you will have the option to use:

	options	NOGEOM
	options vinum