Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2007 19:33:25 +0200
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bootable CDs on FreeBSD-6.1-R amd64

On Wednesday 05 September 2007 01:50:21 luizbcampos@gmail.com wrote:

>        Burning CDs is becoming a coastier task to me on FBSD-6.1-R amd64.
> I've lost five of them...

How do you determine they're broken? Like which error messages you get with
what command, that makes you decide to trash them.

> and the question is how to make bootable CDs by
> using cdrecord? I've already read "man cdrecord" but the question is not
> clearer.

Cdrecord (or burncd for that matter) doesn't know what bootable cd-roms are.
The iso file determines if they're bootable or not. Cdrecord/burncd just
tells the cd writer what bytes to burn in which sectors.

man mkisofs should tell you about making an iso file bootable.
--
Mel