Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2006 21:50:36 +0100
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Anders Nordby <anders@freebsd.org>, damien@freebsd.org, flz@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iwi stability when doing large file transfers/backups

--nextPart2009766.qCQR9IS4dk

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 20:56, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 08:33:42PM +0100, Anders Nordby wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having great difficulties taking backup of my laptop computer. It's
> > a Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E8020 system with a Intel PRO/Wireless
> > 2915ABG NIC. I'm connected to a FreeBSD hostap, using WPA2 (CCMP/AES).
> >
> > Updating to 6-STABLE (6.1-PRERELEASE) seems to have improved the
> > stability of the iwi driver quite a bit, but when doing large file
> > transfers (in this case rsyncing all the data from the laptop through
> > SSH), I always and oftenly get:
> >
> > Disconnecting: Corrupted MAC on input.
> >
> > The messages comes from SSH, so it seems to be getting corrupted data.
> > Is anyone looking into that? Is there any fixes or settings that should
> > be tried? How are people's experience with iwi? Am I the only one to
> > have problems with it?
>
> I am using RELENG_6 on my dell latitude x1 and
> i have been getting ssh's "corrupted data" messages with 'iwi' since
> i started using the native driver back in september.
> After the update at the end of january the driver would consistently
> crash my laptop right after loading the firmware (i suspect some kind
> of race condition) so i had a hard time for a couple of weeks until
> i replaced it with the code that Max Laier and Sam Leffler gave me
> (using the 'firmware' driver from RELENG_7).
> Since then the driver is solid as a rock, but the "corrupt data"
> thing keeps happening, especially with bulk data transfers such as
> scp, although occasionally i get them with http accesses too.

ahrg, still didn't get to putting out the RELENG_6 version of the driver. =
=20
Luigi, can you share your version.  Should be easy now since firmware has=20
been MFCed.  I'd really like to see people testing this version and let us=
=20
know what works and what not.  I hope to find some time to do something abo=
ut=20
that then.

> curiously interactive ssh is always ok, so i suspect that packet size
> has an influence on the problem.
> I had no time to instrument the relevant part of the ssl library
> to try and figure out if there is a pattern in the error (e.g.
> zeroed bytes, or a constant packet size, etc.)
>
> but yes, overall the native iwi driver does have issues and i
> am unsure on what is the source (i had firmware 2.3 before feb,
> and 2.4 now).

=2D-=20