Date:      Tue, 02 Jul 2002 11:59:29 -0700
From:      Jason <jicit@softhome.net>
To:        "Daniel Blankensteiner" <db@traceroute.dk>, Freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.6 Release installation

This is a MIME-formatted message.  If you see this text it means that your
E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

--=_jive-7467-1025636360-0001-2

I've had this same thing happen on a machine without enough memory.  8meg
if IIRC.  Bumping it up to 16meg solved the problem.

At 07:36 AM 7/2/2002, Daniel Blankensteiner wrote:
>Hi all
>
>I have an old computer (100mhz, 515mb harddisk). The computer have a
>cd-rom drive, but I can't boot from it, so after reading:
>ftp://ftp.dk.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.6-RELEASE/INSTALL.T
>XT
>I made two bootable floppies, one with kern.flp and one with mfsroot.flp
>using fdimage under dos. Now I can boot from them, but then what? I
>insert the floppy with kern.flp and it boots, then it ask for the other
>floppy and continue booting, then it count down from 9 and restart, but
>I don't get the installation menu?
>
>br
>db

--=_jive-7467-1025636360-0001-2