Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 2002 23:24:32 +0100
From:      "Lasse Laursen" <laursen@netgroup.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   jdk13

Hi all,

I'm trying to install the jdk13 port and I have some problems:

I have downloaded the patches and source from SUN and everything seems to
compile fine until I get this:

*** Error code 1 (ignored)
./makekeys <
/usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/work/xc/exports/include/X11/keysymdef.h >
ks_tables_h
./makekeys: not found
*** Error code 127

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/work/xc/lib/X11.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/work/xc/lib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/open-motif.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk13.

I have searched for 'makekeys' but I can't seem to figure out which port it
is in?

Anyone have had success installing jdk13?

Furthermore: I have heard (mostly bad) things about FreeBSD and Java - The
performance and stability of Java under FreeBSD is not as good as under
Linux? We have a single Linux server that runs a Java chat and we would like
to upgrade it to FreeBSD but if there are performance and stability problems
then we might reconsider the upgrade.

Regards
--
Lasse Laursen <laursen@netgroup.dk> - Systems Developer
NetGroup A/S, St. Kongensgade 40H, DK-1264 København K, Denmark

- We don't surf the net, we make the waves.