Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 2009 12:15:25 -0500
From:      Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
To:        Jung-uk Kim <jkim@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] amd64 suspend/resume code to be comitted

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Jung-uk Kim <jkim@freebsd.org> wrote:
> With popular demands, I will commit the following patch in next few
> days unless a showstopper is found or "over-my-dead-body" type of
> review is received. ;-)
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/amd64_suspend-20090311.diff
>
> FYI, it was originally posted here:
>
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200810211228.31028.jkim
>
> and here:
>
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200812102120.03788.jkim
>
> Please read the original threads for more information about the patch.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jung-uk Kim

Thanks so much for working on this! I had been using your previous
diff since January(?) of this year and it had been working (mostly)
without issue (there remains some issue with my USB ports disabling
after resume, but I thought I'd let the new USB stack settle down
before digging to deeply into this).

However, after applying this most recent version of your patch to a
clean source tree, rebuilding world and kernel, I now cannot resume
from S3. The system beeps, the "sleep/resume" indicator light just
flashes off and on, and the system fan begins to spin -- but nothing
more. I just hold the power button down and restart the machine.

Do you have any suggestions regarding the steps I should take in
debugging? I'm all ears and ready to help; it's been so useful to me
recently :)

-brandon