Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 2004 21:17:37 +0400
From:      "Artem Koutchine" <matrix@itlegion.ru>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Samba 3 does not print

Hi!

I have installed 5.2-CURRENT and samba 3 from the ports.
Now, my old setup for printers which i have used on 4.8 with
samba 2.x does not work. I see how files from windows
client spooled into /var/spool/samba and after several seconds
they just disappear from samba spool but printer does not print
anything. Doing lpr -Php1200 somefile.txt works fine.
Samba logs and lpd-err log do not contain any usefull information
on what goes wrong.

Any idea why files from spoll do not get printed? Anything with
permisions or access setup? Could give me an example? Doing
lpr -Php1200 under not root works fine too.

Please, help!

Artem