Date:      Mon, 06 Sep 1999 07:50:20 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <freyes@inch.com>
To:        "Michael Kenneth Henry" <mhenry@black.ug.cs.usyd.edu.au>
Cc:        "Advocacy List" <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Slashdot-like site

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999 13:05:23 +1000 (EST), Michael Kenneth Henry wrote:

>site that already exists and is *very* slashdot-like
>(in fact I suspect it uses the same back-end):

The author claims to have written this on PHP himself.
Also isn't Slasdot in Perl?

>	http://osonline.org/bsd/
>Thought you might be interested.

Very nice site.. but I can only wonder why this person would maintain
such site and not be in the BSD lists.. specially in the advocacy list.
He obviously has FreeBSD users.. Someone recently put a message on
there about the change in the CVS tree to 3.3

Regarding been slashdot like.. Slashdot really has defined how drive by
news sites are presented, just as Yahoo defined how portals look.