Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 07:07:03 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Stephane Raimbault <segr@segr.ml.org>
To:        Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Access to FBSD via LAN

If you look in some of my most recent posts I have included a ifconfig -a
in the message.  To the questions any firewall stuff etc... well This is
pretty much a fresh 2.2.6-RELEASE Kernel Install with an modified kernel
to acomadate the extra network card.  Yes I could telnet to 192.168.0.1
(now 192.168.126.1) however I noticed when I did such a thing in netstat
-r it would show the 192.168.0.1 (or 192.168.126.1 now) that the attached
adapter was the lo0 (loopback I believe).

This has to be one of the most frustrating thing I have encountered with
FBSD.  I think it should be simple, but I will be damn if I can find it...

hmmm... I just tried a 'tcpdump ed1' and got the following error:
	tcpdump: /dev/bpf0: Device not configured
could this be my problem?

Thank you for all your time,
Stephane R.