Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 2004 02:15:21 +1000
From:      Andrew Milton <akm@theinternet.com.au>
To:        Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: remote TV viewing?

+-------[ Torfinn Ingolfsen ]----------------------
| I have a multimedia machine, which has a TV tuner card, and is connected
| to the (local, in-house) network.
| After setting the appropriate access controls, I can do things like:
|
| DISPLAY=my.workstation:0.0 xawtv
|
| and have a TV display on my workstation, which is another room. Great
| when I just need a quick view on the TV, for weather reports, news, etc.
|
| But, how do I get the sound transported to my workstation?
|
| BTW, is there a better way to do this? (remote TV viewing)

There's a couple of things in ports you can try.

One is dtv, this does sound capture from the video card and can be a client or
a server.

ffmpeg is an encoder that can capture and has a streaming server included.

You could also try using vlc (I'm not sure if the vlc in ports can capture
directly from bsd video devices though).

Or some combination of the above items d8)

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|                      | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  M:+61 416 022 411   |