Date:      Sat, 17 Oct 1998 15:50:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   panic

I'm now getting a panic on startup, SMP kernel, on a config file that
was working fine a few days ago.  The panic is coming in module_register
+ 14.  I'd give you the stack dump, but I can't seem to get a kernel
dump captured yet.

I checked, all my LKMs are brand new.  This is a fresh build for both
the world and the kernel from equal sources (no intervening cvsup or cvs
actions), with all new LKMs.  Normal ELF system you'd expect.

Panic is supervisor read, page not present.  Can't tell what module it
was trying to load without the kernel dump (I think).  Panic message
says it's in the swapper process, but I think that's not germane here
(is it?).  I have a fault virtual address of 8be58955, I'm not sure
that's useful, seeing as I can't translate that to a module address.

How do I force a kernel dump?

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).