Date:      23 Oct 2002 15:30:53 +0200
From:      Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Scanner dosn't work...

Hello,

I'm using a Epson Perfection 1650 Photo Scanner (usb).  Everything
worked fine until my mainboard didn't work anymore.  So I bought a new
mainboard, and now I cannot get my Scanner working.  The new board is a
Elitegroup ESC board with the number K7S5A.  Maybe someone knows this
board?

My troubles are here:

I can start xscanimage correct, and it works for about one picture,
sometimes to or more.  But then it stops and I don't know why.  I have
to kill xscanimage (with xsane it's the same) and then the scanner seems
to disapear from my computer.

No fstat message, but it could not be found anymore.

In the bios I found only 2 entrys where I tryed all the possible
combinations of enabling and disabling usb.  But it's every time the
same.

So I'd like to know:  Can I use my scanner with this board under
FreeBSD?

Du I have to set up something else in my Kernel config?
I don't have any other usb devices, so I could try if there is something
wrong with usb...

Can someone help me?

Martin