Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 21:16:41 +0100
From:      robert w hall <bobh@n-cantrell.demon.co.uk>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: freebsd 2.2.5 kernel on cyrix 686 M2-MMX cpu

Doug
Final mutterings - I promise (fingers crossed)

1) have also now tried 2.1.7.1 kernel 'boot.flp' (couldn't find 2.2.2 on
uk mirror) and that also boots up off floppy OK on both my machines.

2) One of the reasons I've run out of disk space is that files in /stand
have bogusly large sizes - all 1.167360   Meg. - this is for 2.2.6, but
2.2.5 did something similar I recollect. Whats going on here??? Can I
kill them or does one keep setup info?

Bob Hall

In message <Pine.BSF.3.96.980413160101.5663b-100000@gdi.uoregon.edu>,
Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu> writes