Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 1995 09:12:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Error in the Handbook

Hello,

First let me say I'm not a member of this list, so please e-mail your
reply directly to me at jgoerzen@complete.org

There is an error in the handbook that comes with 2.1.0 (also occured in
2.0.5 I believe).  In section 5.3.4 in reference to the npx0 device (math
co-processor), it is stated:

"npx0 is the interface to the math coprocessor. . . If you do not have a
math coprocessor, you can comment this out."

However, attempting to compile a kernel without the npx0 line always
results in a link-time (or possibly compile-time, but I think it was
link) error.  I use the GPL floating-point emulation library.

Thanks for taking time to look into this.

John Goerzen, programmer and owner   | MICRO$oft only exists because some
Communications Centre & Complete BBS | people are too dumb to get something
E-mail jgoerzen@complete.org         | better, such as FreeBSD.