Date:      15 Mar 1999 08:27:04 -0000
From:      Yusuf Goolamabbas <yusufg@huge.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        reiser@ricochet.net, sct@redhat.com
Subject:   Has anybody used Postmark for file system benchmark

Postmark is available at

http://www.netapp.com/technology/level3/3022.html

I am currently trying it out on various FreeBSD 3.1-STABLE boxes (It
compiled cleanly). Thought I would check with others if they had any
experience with this. According to the paper , UFS on Solaris 2.5
sucks so I am seeing what FreeBSD (and possibly softupdates can do)

Hope to provide some results soon. I shall be also trying on Linux
boxes (On Linux, I am getting the following error)

/tmp/cca010271.o: In function `cli_show':
/tmp/cca010271.o(.text+0x1e3d): the `getwd' function is dangerous and
should not be used.

Cheers, Yusuf

cc: Stephen Twiddle (ext3 fame) and Hans Reiser (Reiserfs fame)
--
Yusuf Goolamabbas
yusufg@huge.net