Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:31:15 -0700
From:      gjukema@silk.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2 FreeBSD Boot Managers after install

I've looked all over the mailing list for this one.  I have a 10MB dos
partition and a FreeBSD 3.1 partition.  After the install is complete I get
this upon bootup:

F1 DOS
F2 FreeBSD
F5 Drive 0

Both F1 & F2 "beep" and don't actually do anything.  Hitting F5 brings me to:

F1 DOS
F2 FreeBSD

And now, things work normal.  F1 boots DOS, F2 boots FreeBSD.  I'd be happy
with this, except for the first menu is defaulted to what I selected in my
second menu, so it will never boot without user input off the first menu.

I've tried fdisk /mbr in dos, then reboot with the FreeBSD floppies and (W)
write the partition table, and selecting to install the Boot Manager, no luck.
I've also tried reinstalling, and the problem is still there.

Thanks for any input on this one,

Geoff