Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 17:20:53 +0200
From:      David Bauer <bauer@genprofile.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netgear FA410TX - ed0: device timeout?

Konstantin Chuguev wrote:

> "Russell D. Murphy Jr." wrote:
>
> > The pccard.conf settings (/etc/pccard.conf) are:
> >
> > io 0x120-0x13f
> > card "NETGEAR" "FA410TX"
> >   config 0x20 "ed0" 11
>
> I would suggest not to use irq11. irq9 is working fine for me.
> You should also try setting IO ports window accordingly to the information
> from configuration entry tuples from dumpcis:

If the card works under Win95, try using the same address/irq in the FreeBSD configuration as the card uses under Win95.

But the error looks more like the autonegotiation not working correctly.
Try use the fa_select program to set the speed and full/half duplex mode before running ifconfig on the card.
fa_select was posted in the FA410TX discussion, you can (I hope) find it in the list archive. If not, I have it (but not just
here).

David.