Date:      Tue, 07 Jul 1998 09:58:20 -0700
From:      Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>
To:        david.myers@Corp.Sun.COM
Subject:   Re: More on Adaptec SlimSCSI timeouts...

Florent Parent writes:
    >Yes, the bus is properly terminated, with the last device in
    >the chain providing termination power.  Windows has no trouble
    >accessing the attached SCSI devices, so I believe that the hardware
    >is not the problem....

    I observe the same symptoms with a Compaq Armada 1598 and a 1460A
    (not 1460B) SlimSCSI.  I'm using 2.2.6-release without the PAO.

    The devices are recognized by the scsi card (although after a ~30
    sec delay during which my laptop is completly frozen).  After that,
    no response (mount, disklabel...) from the device (tried Zip drive
    and then a CDROM).

I have a half-baked idea here.  I have vague recollection of
experiencing similar problems with my aic0 *ISA* card when I first
installed it, and it seems like the solution at the time was to fiddle
with jumpers to remap interrupts or something equally simple (and
seemingly unrelated to SlimSCSIs).

You might try looking at what IRQ Windows uses and make pccardd use the
same one.

By the way, what's a "good" price for a SlimSCSI these days?