Date:      Thu, 13 May 2004 05:56:40 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        frank@altpeter.de
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with PC-CARD configuration

In message: <20040504113738.GA27513@murphy.planlos.de>
            Frank Altpeter <frank@altpeter.de> writes:
: [4.10-PRERELEASE on Compaq Armada E500]
:
: Hi there,
:
: For quite some time, on every reboot, i get an error message from
: the PC-CARD configuration.
:
: I figured out that the reason for this lies in the /etc/rc.pccard
: script, which does by default execute the command "pccardc pccardmem
: 0xd0000", because pccard_mem="DEFAULT" in /etc/defaults/rc.conf.
:
: root@pegasus:~ 0# pccardc pccardmem 0xd0000
: pccardc: ioctl (PIOCRWMEM): Invalid argument
:
: but...
:
: root@pegasus:~ 1# pccardc pccardmem 0xd4000
: PCCARD Memory address set to 0xd4000
:
: I don't know why my system doesn't like this command, but perhaps
: someone has a hint for me, or in case this shouldn't happen at all,
: and there's more than me having this problem, someone might review
: the rc.pccard script.
:
: For myself it's not important, using pccard_mem="0xd4000" now :)

The problem is that your system has other things at 0xd0000.  This is
normal for some systems, which is why the knob was added.  the pccard
stuff in current is better about automatically allocating resources.

Warner