Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 1996 13:54:29 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Gabor Zahemszky <zgabor@CoDe.hu>
To:        jason@purcell.jlc.net (Jason T. Nelson)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gating email to pager?

> Has anybody done this? I have a customer who wants to provide this
> service to a large area and already has several people interested. He
> took one look at Microsoft MAPI <-> SMTP gateway software and got sticker
> shock (something like $3900) to go along with his Windows paing software.
> I suggested to him that a slightly less expensive alternative might exist
> on the Unix side of things (he currently has a 486 running as a Ethernet
> <-> PPP router doing *only* that under FreeBSD). Does anybody know if
> there is a way to gate email on FreeBSD to some sort of software that
> dials a pager terminal number?
>
> --
> Jason T. Nelson <jason@jlc.net>

There is a tpage/ or mpage program, it's on the CD of theEvi Nemeth:
Sysadmin Handbook (2nd Ed.)
Sorry, I don't know which is for you, one of it is a gater, the
other is a postscript printer software...

Bye, Gabor

--
	Gabor Zahemszky <zgabor@CoDe.hu>

Earth is the cradle of human sense, but you can't stay in the cradle forever.
						Tsiolkovsky