Date:      25 Oct 00 11:07:58 CST
From:      Eduardo Huertas <eduhuertas@usa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problem with a shell script

Hello Everybody!
Would somebody please explain me this.

I have a shell script that I pretend to use for sending outgoing mail thr=
ough
serialmail.

Because by now I only have one Internet address for my LAN, before sendin=
g the
outgoing mail the shell script calls a perl program for changing the From=
: and
calls the procedure to send to the ISP.

Here is the shell script:

################
#!/bin/sh =

# Para envio de correo externo a traves de serialmail
# 205.161.188.24 es la direccion IP del servidor de correo de quik
mv /var/qmail/alias/outgoing/new/* /var/qmail/alias/outgoing2/new/
perl /usr/home/eduardo/scripts/chadd10.pl
rm /var/qmail/alias/outgoing2/new/*.bk
# Envio al isp
/usr/local/bin/maildirsmtp /var/qmail/alias/outgoing2 alias-outgoing-
205.161.188.24 \
       `hostname`
#################

The problem is this:

When I execute the shell script being root, everything works fine until
calling:
/usr/local/bin/maildirsmtp ...

Simply does nothing, I mean doesn't send the outgoing mail. Even though t=
he
shell script finishes.

But if I comment the line where perl is executed, the outgoing mail goes =
away
but without the changes that the perl script does.

What's wrong?

-edu-