Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 2004 17:50:05 +0100
From:      Aron Stansvik <elvstone@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RELENG_5_3 buildworld fails (cannot find -lc) FIXED

Sorry, my mistake.

Network wasn't available at boot, so ntpdate couldn't sync, so the
clock was off, so the build system tried to build libmagic two times.
I'm so stupid.

This was exactly like when I was setting up some x509 certificates for
isakmpd a while ago, with the clock set way into the future on the
machine where I was issuing the certificates, I couldn't understand
why the certs wouldn't work: Because their lifetime hadn't started
yet!

Lesson learned (twice!): Check your clock!

Best regards,
Aron Stansvik