Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:39:29 -0600
From:      "Andrew Falanga" <af300wsm@gmail.com>
To:        "Lowell Gilbert" <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: samba and IPv6

On 6/14/07, Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
> "Andrew Falanga" <af300wsm@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Does samba actually support this?  I'm not turning up much information
> > from the "official HOW-TO" at samba.org.  In fact, not a single link
> > in the HOW-TO even mentions IPv6.
>
> There's a link on the Samba front page from last week.
> The short version is that it doesn't do it yet, and probably won't
> until Samba 4 (which has other changes for interoperating with
> Vista -- which is the first Windows to really do IPv6 well).
> There are patch sets around if you're willing to get your hands
> a bit dirty.

Nope, don't mind getting my hands dirty (I do most of the work on my
automobiles too).  However, I take it from this that because I must
get my hands dirty, none of these patches are in the ports system?  I
ask because I noticed as I installed vim last night that many patches
were downloaded along with the main vim tar-ball.

Andy