Date:      Mon, 07 Jul 1997 06:22:25 +0000
From:      Jason Wells <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   panic: double fault during installation

I have never had a problem installing FreeBSD before tonite. I guess I get
to learn something new. :|

During installation I received the following messages just before my system
hanged.

changing root device to fd0c
panic: double fault
synching disks... (then the cursor stares at me blankly for an extended
period)

I tried to reinstall with a fresh copy on a new disk per the handbook's
instruction. I got the same error. I resolved all IRQ/IO conflicts prior to
continuing with installation.

Would someone please tell me what this means or point me to the correct
resource? What is the fix?

Thanks,
Jason Wells
 __   __
/ 0\ / 0\         Thank you * Highperformance.net
     )     Wannabe Sysadmin * The homeless domain
)-------(       Jason Wells * "Pardon me sir, spare some bandwidth?"
 \_____/